"I barfed on my boots". . . make that my sister’s boots, and my daddy’s car and on my Christmas dress . . . Here’s a mommy lesson I learned – when your five year old tells you her tummy hurts, is laying in your lap all through dinner, goes to the bathroom twice and says to you “going to the bathroom made it all better”, GET HER HOME ASAP! Tonight we were eating dinner and on our way to a holiday show when The Id (the baby) told me her tummy hurt. Like any mommy in the running for mommy of the year I chalked this up to another child tummy ache and thought she’d get over it if plied with ice cream. . . and then she barfed on her sister’s boots in the middle of a restaurant. In the infamous words of BFF Molly’s 13 year-old little brother – F#*@ING FANTASTIC!
|This is a photo of how mommy was feeling after the barfing started! Ok, it's actually The Id throwing a tantrum at the Grand Canyon, but it just seemed to fit.|
On the bright side, I did take the Superego and the Ego to the show and it was absolutely fantastic! And yes, Karma’s going to get back at me for leaving Husband from Heaven with the barfing baby.
The show we saw was Christian Youth Theater (CYT)’s Holiday Traditions. Very professional show with fantastic sets and costumes and an incredible living nativity scene at the end. They even had a live camel and sheep. There are still tickets and the show runs through December 22nd. You can check it out at www.cytsandiego.org. I highly recommend it as a great holiday tradition to start with your family. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the Nutcracker! J
And, following is a fantastic recipe for day 3 of cranberries:
Tiff’s Holiday Cranberry Salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup halved cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Pita crisps or tortilla chips
1. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 minced jalapeno (seeds removed for less heat, if desired), and 1/4 cup chopped red onion.
2. Add 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, 3/4 cup halved cranberries, drained well on paper towels, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve with Pita Crisps or tortilla chips, as desired.